thillai support - on June 17, 2017
Pulikulambu / Karakulambu
- Heat oil in a cooking pan.
- Add some mustard and curry leaves, allow to temper.
- Add chopped tomatoes,your favorite fresh vegetables and fry for some time.
- Add required amount of water (1200 ml) and Thillai’s PulikulambuMilagai Powder (50 g), allow to boil for 15 mins.
No need to add Onion, Tamarind & Salt.
**Thillai’s Pulikulambumilagai Powder can be used for preparing Tomato Kulambu, Fenugreek Kulambu, All fresh vegetables Kulambu, Fish Kulambu, Dry fish Kulambu and Egg Kulambu.
Kumbakonam famous Sundakkai VathalKulambu
Serving size: 4 members
- 100 ml of edible oil/ sesame oil
- 25 g Dried Sundakkai/ ManathakkaliVathal (optional)
- Little mustard & curry leaves for tempering
- One Small tomato – chopped
- 1200 ml of water
- Thillai’s Pulikulambumilagai powder packet (50g)
- In a deep bottom frying pan, add 2.-3 Tbsp oil and fry the dried Vathal till aroma rises, take out & keep separately.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in pan; add some of mustard & curry leaves allow to temper.
- Now add chopped tomatoes to oil and fry for a minute.
- Add required amount of water (1200 ml) and add one full pocket of Thillai’s Pulikulambumilagai powder and allow boiling for 5 min.
- Now add fried Vathal to boiling mix and allow boiling for further 5 min.
Now Kumbakonam famous sundakkai Vathal Kulambu is ready to serve.
- Thillai’s Pulikulambu powder contains onion, tamarind and salt. You can add more if needed to suit your taste.
- You can use your choice of Vathal or sundakkai.
Thillai’s recommends: Thillai’s Kumbakonam famous VathalKulambu with appalam (Papad).